Worshiping God Through Scripture

In a previous post, I mentioned that I often use Scripture to jump-start my worship time, so I thought I would write out an example. The following prayer of praise is based on Isaiah chapter 40, beginning at verse 11. This is just an example of how I use God's Word to offer praise to Him. As individuals, we all have our own ways, our own needs. Certain things will resonate with us differently at different times or different stages in our lives.

"Oh, God, how I love the picture Scripture paints of You as a shepherd! A shepherd who tends your flock, who gathers your lambs in your arms. I love to imagine me as one of those lambs You hold close to your heart.

"I am especially amazed that the God of all creation should care enough to gather me in His arms! You know everything. You understand everything. You have never needed a teacher because all knowledge and understanding is from you. The nations are nothing compared to you. We people are mere grasshoppers when viewed from the heights. You even have power over the princes and rulers of this earth. Yet, You care about me, You gather me in your arms. How awesome is that?

"On a clear night, when I look at the star-studded sky, I cannot help but be amazed at the immensity of your creation. Yet your Word says You call every one of those stars by name! And it is by your strength, by your power that not one of them is missing!

"Oh, Lord, You are the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. You never tire, you never grow weary. At the same time, You understand that I am in need of your strength. You have promised that we who wait on You will renew our strength. I am so thankful that You will enable me to mount up with wings like eagles, to run and not be weary, to walk and not be faint. You will give me the strength, the desire, to do all that You would have me do for You. Oh, Lord, let me not be faint. Help me remain strong in doing those things You have called me to do. Keep me from discouragement, from being fainthearted. Renew my excitement, my energy, my commitment in serving You.

"Thank You, God, my Creator, my Savior."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All for the Glory of God

Happy Thanksgiving

Faith Like Abraham's