Prepared for Anything, Part V

After months of being laid off, Bob accepted a position in Pittsburgh. Our son Andrew was a senior in high school and our daughter Meredith was a student at Cedarville College, now Cedarville University. We decided we wouldn’t move right away but would stay in the little town of Almond NY while Andrew finished high school.

So we embarked on a “commuter” marriage. Bob lived in Pittsburgh during the week and came home on weekends. It soon became apparent that the man he was working for was not exactly trustworthy so we made no plans to move there. Andrew graduated from high school and started commuting to Jamestown Community College. Our oldest, Heather, was already married and on her own.

Bob was miserable with the commute and I could see how it was wearing on us as a couple and as a family. So I set aside a day to fast and pray.  As I prayed, I searched the Scriptures to be sure I was praying according to God’s will. I would turn the verses I found into my prayers. I totally lost track time until Andrew returned home from school. Soon after that, Bob quit the job in Pittsburgh and came home and God guided us to the next step on our life’s journey.

Lesson #5: Praying Scripture keeps me in line with God’s will.

You ask and do not receive,
because you ask wrongly,
to spend it on your passions.
James 4:3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All for the Glory of God

Happy Thanksgiving

Faith Like Abraham's